2 Corinthians 5:14-15

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A New Year, A New Start

As any of you who had been following my blog know, I've been severely neglecting it for a number of months, and that's really a shame as it's such a great tool for allowing people to stay caught up with all of the advancements that are taking place as I get ever closer to being on the field full-time in Ecuador.

So, since w're into a new year, I have resolved to keep this site updated, even if there are only a handful of you who follow it. Because you have an interest, I will keep you informed, and I thank you for your support.

ONWARD WE MARCH!

I just returned Tuesday from a training course with Team Expansion, which marks one more requirement off of my list. The course I was taking in called Kairos, and while it was pre-departure requirement, it was well worth it. I am so thankful to Team Expansion for requiring it. I wish they could require it of all churches. I really did find it to be that inspiring and that beneficial.

For those of you unfamiliar with Kairos, its vision, in a sentence, is "to see the whole Church mobilized for cross-cultural mission to the world’s least-reached peoples." It gives a great overview of how world mission has been a part of God's plan from the beginning. Though we tend to think of missions as a New Testament thing, the concept of world mission is found scripturally throughout the Bible, from Genesis through Revelation. Kairos also gives a clear picture of the state of world mission today, who is involved, who should be involved, how far we are from reaching the goal, and methods by which we can draw closer to reaching that goal if only we will be obedient to the call. Interested in knowing a bit more? Watch this overview video.


I pray that I can fit in all of the training necessary to actually facilitate the course before I head to Ecuador, because I really, really want to implement this in the churches there. I want not only to play a role in reaching the least reached, I want to be a part of mobilizing the Church to cross-cultural mission as well!


July 20, 2012


I now have a target date for being on the field full time! Woohoo! And I'm getting closer to meeting that target daily. As some of you know, one of my most pressing needs for a while has been a teammate. Well, I'm happy to say that I'll be meeting with a North American couple that is already living in Quito and currently working in a youth camp ministry during a short trip down to Ecuador mid February. They have already expressed interest in partnering with this Stadia/Compassion International/Camino de Santidad project as teammates. How exciting! Please, please, please keep this meeting in your prayers. 


Of course then, my next big challenge is raising the rest of my needed support. Currently, I have about 36% of my monthly needs and 25% of my startup needs covered. This is awesome, but I still have a long way to go. Should you know anyone who might be interested in being a financial partner, pass along my info to them. Better yet, pass along their info to me. I know how to be persistent :-D


And I'm almost at my initial goal of 100 prayer partners. Only 12 more to go (though I'd really love to have a lot more than 100 by the time July rolls around)!


Ooo, and I have a fancy new prayer card to send out to all of you who have so graciously pledged to support me in prayer. Thanks so much to Shauna Peterson at Team Expansion for putting this together.



No comments:

Post a Comment